Sunday, April 19, 2009

Guilt and Smugness

I'm feeling way odd now. I just broke the news about my brother's actions to my father in front of my cousins and my cousin's girlfriend. He didn't take it really well, and my stupid sister tried to make things worse by adding in an old incident.

He looked really... I can't explain... when I told him that my mother told me to tell him that it was called Domestic Violence. All I know that he must feel terrible that I would tell my mother but not him. Sigh, my stupid sis just had to rub salt in his wounds by adding that he was never around anyway.

This is troublesome, I feel guilty for making my father feel that way, though it was long overdue, but I also feel smug that my stupid brother is finally going to face the music for his actions.

On another note, my cousin's girlfriend helped me to massage the bruise on my left arm using a somewhat smelly herb mixture for bruises. It hurt a little at first, but I got used to it soon enough. It doens't look too bad, though it feels like there's a straining sensation in my muscle. At least it'll go away soon because it's starting to interfere with my daily activities. Imagine having to take extra care of you dominant arm because you injured it, sometimes you'll actually forget that you have an injury there and regret it later when you do something to aggravate it.

Sigh, I totally missed my other cousin's daughter's full moon party. My mother took a long time in getting ready, causing us to leave her condominium around 20-30 minutes late, and then we took 30 minutes to reach my grandmother's house. I'm not sure how long we took for dinner, but all I remember about it was that it was too salty and too sweet. After we sent my grandmother home, my mother got lost on the way to my cousin's condominium and had to call up for directions. All in all, instead of arriving at the party, I arrived after the party. Sigh, it's a little disappointing though, having to miss it because I was looking forward to it.

My mother on the other hand, was late for her ballroom dancing session by at least 45 minutes. I think it's safe to say that she's bad with time as well as with directions. I'm thinking of investing in a GPS system for her birthday/Christmas present, it'll definitely come in handy.

On another note, my hearing dropped again. It seems that if it drops any lower, I'll have to change my hearing aid to a bigger version, and I"m not happy about it because it's quite close to dropping over the required boundary for the current one I have now. I'm really worried about this, because the cells in my ear cannot regenerate, and if they can't regenerate then my hearing loss is permanent until a genius scientist has found a way to regenerate the dead cells in the human ear.

No comments: