Thursday, February 24, 2011

Would You Listen?

Why is it that I find myself crying more and more these days?
Do you even know how much your words hurt me at times,
Even when you don't mean them to?
You may think that I'm being too sensitive,
But I really don't know what else to do.

I'm trying,
I really am,
But you just don't know how much you really affect me.
I'm so tired of crying,
I don't even know why I'm holding on anymore.
I'm under so much stress,
I can't eat,
I can't sleep,
I can only curl up and cry.
I just need you to hold me,
And to tell me that everything will be fine,
Like you used to,
But you don't even do that anymore.

Look at me,
And tell me who do you see,
Because all I see now,
Is a fading picture,
Of who I used to be.
I don't know how long I can hold on anymore,
I need a break,
I need reassurance.
I need someone to be strong for me once in a while,
So that I can take a break from being strong too.

I'm so tired,
I don't know if I can do this anymore.
I can't keep this up any longer,
I'm breaking under the pressure,
I'm finally breaking after all these years.

This is truly laughable,
Who would have thought that I would be the first to break,
After all the times I've proven myself too strong to be broken.
I guess,
That in the end it was all a matter of time,
When my strength becomes a weakness,
And drives me into loneliness,
Where I'll finally begin to fall apart.

Please,
Make it stop,
Take my pain away,
Make me forget,
I just want to sleep.
I haven't truly slept in ages you know?
I need my rest too,
Someone please make it happen,
I can't stand this anymore.

Is there anyone out there,
Who'll hear my screams,
Who'll see my tears,
Who'll set me free,
From this cage that I've placed myself in?
But honestly,
Who on earth will do that anyway?

I'm suffering in silence now,
Putting on a mask everyday,
Pretending that everything is as fine as it should be,
Even when I'm not fine.
I'm suffering in silence now,
Because I can't tell anyone.

Who would listen anyway,
They'll never believe me,
Because I'm too strong to fall like.
No one would listen,
No matter how much I try to tell them,
No one would,
So I can only keep my pain to myself,
Even as it consumes me.

No comments: