Saturday, February 19, 2011

Tonight

I want to see the stars tonight,

But all I see are clouds,

I want to smile happily tonight,

But I can only frown.


The moon shines alone in the sky,

And I wonder if she feels as lonely,

As desolate,

As I feel right now.


You promised me,

But all you're doing,

Is proving me wrong,

And betraying my trust.


Don't make promises that you can't keep,

Don't give me what you don't have,

Don't raise my hopes up,

Only to dash it down into the ground.


Don't lead me on like this,

To believe,

To hope,

In something that will never happen.


Lies are merely lies,

And there's nothing that you can do,

That will turn them into the truth,

Because you can't.


Don't bring my hopes up anymore,

Because I don't want to be disappointed,

Don't tell me that you love me,

Because it rings hollowly in my ears.

No comments: