Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Can You See?

Can you see me now,
The state at which I'm in,
Where despair and sadness cloaks me,
Where I can no longer pretend to smile?

I'm so tired,
So tired of putting up a front,
Pretending to be strong,
Even when I'm at my weakest.

I just need you to hold me,
To reassure me,
To tell me that everything is alright,
To make me feel safe.

But I can't tell you all of that,
Because I'm supposed to be strong,
I'm supposed to stand tall,
Even when I feel alone inside.

Listen closely for once,
Hear the emotions in my voice,
Find the hidden meanings in my words,
Look at me beyond my masks and facades.

Please, just this once,
I beg of you,
To see me for who I am,
Instead of who I show myself to be.

I'm not as strong as you think I am,
I cry like any other girls do,
I can feel lonely at times,
I have a heart and emotions too.

Just this once,
Look at me closely,
And tell me what you see,
Because I suspect you see only a lie.

No comments: