Monday, August 23, 2010

The World Has Never Been So Cold

Loneliness seeps through every fiber of my being,
As I struggle to hold on tight to that single thread of hope,
Because I know that if I let go,
I will drown in misery.

I know not the reason for my melancholy,
But I do know that I need them with me,
But who I need more,
I know not.

Loneliness clenches its cold hand around my heart,
As I slowly suffocate under the pressure of my own fears,
I reach out to them,
Knowing that they will extend their hands to me.

Alas,
My voice cannot be heard,
My tears cannot be seen,
My touch cannot be felt.

Was my silent wish not apparent enough?
Perhaps they saw not my inner suffering,
Where each smile hid a tear,
Where each laugh hid a wail.

My heart wants to be seen,
My heart wants to be heard,
My heart wants to finally be acknowledged,
But my mind struggles to keep it all hidden.

I sink to my knees,
Where I try one last time,
To make my distress known,
To make myself heard.

I give up at last,
Because it's apparent,
That there is no one here,
Who will ever see me.

I let go at last,
And fade away into the background,
Walking along a fine line,
I wonder how long it will be,
Before I finally give up,
And fall into the abyss below.

3 comments:

ReasonX07 said...

Just so you know, you are not alone. You're never alone. If you need anything, just call out to us. We'll definitely respond whenever possible. True, we can't always be there for you but we'll do what we can for you whenever we can :D Cheer up nya! At times we may not notice but when that happens, just be direct with us :3

The world isn't as cold as you think it is :3 Life may be a bitch at times but as you always say, when life gives you lemons, you make lemonade outta it >:D

ReasonX07 said...

Why not just wait for the September intake? :3

SnowCharms said...

Oh, typo. That's what I meant, the July intake is hopeless.