Sunday, August 29, 2010

Will You Watch Me Tonight?

The moon shines bright tonight,
But the stars are no where to be seen,
A cold chill surrounds me,
As I sit silently,
Within my gold glided cage.
Like a doll,
I sing, smile and dance,
All to your bidding,
Never to be free,
Never to live as I wish.
I hate you for what you've done to me,
I hate you for making me feel like this,
But most of all,
I hate myself for believing in your lies,
Like the fool of a child that I was.
Dearest, Love, Darling,
Let my honeyed words cloud your mind,
As I wait for the perfect opportunity,
To finally be free,
Even as my hands are stained with your lifeblood.
On that very night,
The moon shall shine bright,
As brightly as the night I gave in to you,
But I can't help but wonder,
If the stars will be watching me then.

No comments: