Friday, December 24, 2010

What Do You See?

Every time you look at me,
I can't help but think to myself,
What do you see,
What can you see?

Do you see a spoiled, pampered princess,
Do you see a proud, strong woman,
Do you see an gullible, easy prey,
Or do you see a lost, helpless child?

I can't read minds,
As much as I wish for it to be possible,
But I'm willing to bet,
That you see anything and everything,
But the last.

I am who I am,
And there's nothing in this world,
That can change that fact,
But what you see in me,
Is what you only want to see.

I am so tired of smiling,
I just want to let go,
To be who I want to be,
But I still hold on to my mask,
For I know that you'll only hurt me in the end.

I'm singing the same old song again,
But this is because,
It is the only song I know,
As there is no one here,
That has taught me a new one.

This melody I sing,
I sing from the very depths of my soul,
Every word that I sing,
Soft as they are,
They are all that I am.

Accept me,
Deny me,
But don't ever try,
To change the person that I am,
To make me something that I'm not.

No comments: